Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What Hockey Heaven Means to Me

me and missy at the ralph by kel h
me and missy at the ralph, a photo by kel h on Flickr.

(this post was written as an entry in the Buffalo Sabres Nation Hockey Heaven contest. I was one of the two winners selected and I get a super sweet T-Shirt from the folks at Hockey Heaven. The picture above is me and my sister AKA Her Heiny Granger of the Queen City Roller Girls' Devil Dollies)

I was born during the game that put the Sabres in their first Stanley Cup Final. Legend has it my dad had the game playing in the delivery room, and when I came home from the hospital he would rock me while watching the games on TV. I’ve been a Sabres fan since I was born, and Feb 22nd felt like a new beginning. For me Hockey Heaven is a rebirth, with the team and fans coming together as a hockey family. Seeing the Pegula family handing out programs, alumni welcomed back with open arms, and fans being truly listened to all reminded me of what brings me back to the Sabres year after year. It’s that sense of belonging to a community all dreaming of and working towards one common goal. Now we’re ALL united as a family, working towards the same vision: bringing the Stanley Cup to Buffalo.



Here's some old tyme hockey for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment